Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Getting Ready for Shedding Season

If you're a dog owner, you know what shedding season is. Typically in the spring and fall, dogs seem to have a fur explosion all over your house. In our house, dog fur can line the hallway floors and coat our hardwood stairs like carpeting. We have a short-hair dog. I can't imagine how much fur there must be in homes with long-hair dogs or with more than one dog.
She's cute and a bit lazy, but we love her!
According to The Three Dog Blog, regular brushing can cut down on the amount of dog hair that appears in your home. I've seen this in action in our house. When we are brushing our dalmatian mix on a regular basis, there is less fur everywhere. We tend to get lazy about brushing her when it's not shedding season. But, as soon as the weather warms up, I know the only way to keep on top of the fur explosion is to brush our dog everyday. It seems there are health benefits to regular brushing, too. I think I'll add that to my to-do list today. I know she'll love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks!