Sunday, March 6, 2011

A Light in the Dark for Katie Allison Granju

I'm not from Knoxville, TN, nor have I ever been there. Nor do I know Katie Allison Granju personally. But, I have been unable to tear myself away from her blog, Mamapundit, since last spring, when she began posting about her son Henry after he was hospitalized with a traumatic brain injury. He died in May 2010.

Katie and her family are not satisfied with the investigation into the circumstances that resulted in her son's death. She has asked the blogging community to shine a little light on her blog and her story, hoping that it will help spur the appropriate people into action. According to what Katie has shared, it seems there are very bad people roaming free in Knoxville and, if you consider the comments that are posted on her blog entries, a possibility that the police force is corrupt. No wonder Knoxville is number 97 on the list of most dangerous cities in the United States.  It's not on my list of places to visit, that's for sure.  Maybe it's time Knoxville cleaned up some clutter. 

2 comments:

  1. What a sad story. I just read the very first post, but I'm hooked...will have to read more later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is truly sad and haunting. I've cried over many of her posts.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks!