Friday, April 22, 2011

5 Blogs I Read Everyday

I bookmark a lot of things on my Netbook. For instance, I've got 32 folders in My Favorites. Yikes. Maybe it's time for some decluttering?

Today, I deleted some things I don't read anymore. In my folder titled "Blogs", I've probably got close to 40 links. Yet, I go to the same 5 or so almost everyday, or as often as they update. And, that's not counting the blogs that I visit in my sidebar here or that I follow through Blogger favorites!

Here are my favorites. Maybe you'll like them, too!

The Girl Who - I discovered this blog just a few weeks ago. And, I'm hooked. To get a real feel for it, you have to read back posts. In the Chapters of My Life section, you'll find the story of how she met her husband. She breaks all the rules of blog writing (if there are any), but she pulls it off with her fantastic writing.

SusieJ - In full disclosure, I just found this blog yesterday when I Googled home remedies for chest colds. I ended up reading several of her posts in one sitting. I'm giving it a try for a couple of weeks to see if I like it.

Smokey the Magnificent - I've been following this blog for a few years. The writer and I were in the same writing group in the Mothering forums. That group has since folded (because Mothering shut it down), but I still follow the blog. The posts are infrequent, but the writing is so witty that I check it from time to time for updates.

Mamapundit - This is one of my absolute favorites. I check it a few times a day. Katie Allison Granju updates her blog frequently. Her writing is professional and engaging. I admire her as a writer a great deal.

The Happiness Project - This is a topic specific blog that I really enjoy. I consider myself a pretty happy person, but there's always room for more, right?

So, now it's your turn to share!

What are your favorite blogs? If you write a great blog you think I would enjoy, share that link, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks!