Saturday, April 23, 2011

Electronics Recycling Day!!

This day makes me happier than just about any other day, save Christmas. If you've followed my blog for a bit, you'll know my husband is a computer technician, both as a profession and a hobby. He's also a pack rat. Most people in our life know that he's a techie. So, they've graciously given him their cast off computer junk thinking he could use it "some day". The thing about computer cast offs is they are outdated and pretty much worthless in a short time. So, our garage and utility room have become computer grave yards.

Chilling, I know.

But, there's a bright side to this story.

In the past couple of years, my husband has come around to my way of thinking about clutter. He's stopped accepting stuff, for the most part. And, he's been gradually weeding things out. He's taken advantage of Electronics Recycling Day whenever it comes around. Today is that day in our region.


The van is loaded and he's on his way to the drop off point. I'm thrilled! 

If you live locally and want the details, drop me an e-mail or contact me through Facebook. It ends at 1:00, so you need to hurry!

For more information about electronics recycling, check out The National Center for Electronics Recycling.

5 comments:

  1. Jeremy's father is also a computer tech/packrat. Their house is literally packed with computer parts. On the one hand, it is nice- "Oh, your power supply went out? I think I've got one here." "Mouse died? Let me dig in the mouse drawer for another." But it definitely causes a lot of clutter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well-written and to the point about the need to take electonic stuff to recycling and special disposal...don't want any of that stuff that's not good for Mother Earth getting into landfills if we can help. Keep up the good work and promoting green philosophy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. B - That is exactly how my husband is! It is nice always having available parts when we need them. But, the 10 year old stuff isn't helpful to anyone!

    Thanks, Kindcrow41!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, interesting post. I have been wondering about this topic, so thanks for posting. I’ll definitely be subscribing to your site. Keep up the good posts

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another informative blog… Thank you for sharing it… Best of luck for further endeavor too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks!