Friday, April 22, 2011

Increase Your Blog's Page Views: 4 Blogs You Should Read

I've tripled the daily average unique visitors to my blog since last fall. While it was pretty low to begin with, I'm still quite thrilled that I've made a substantial leap in daily page views. 

How did I do it?

If you really want to increase your blog readership, the first thing you need to do is realize that blogging is a special type of writing. There are many great writers out there, but not all great writing translates easily to successful blogging. There are a few good writers who can pull off an engaging blog while breaking all the blogging rules.

But, most of us need to take the advice of the blogging pros and think about SEO, length of posts and subheadings, among other things. Fortunately, there is a wealth of advice out there for those of us that want to get ahead in the blogging world.

Here are some of my favorite blogs for teaching the craft of blogging:

Copyblogger - My favorite Copyblogger post is The Hidden Key to Cosmo Headlines: Sex and the City. When I apply this advice to my titles, I see a spike in page views. One of my most popular posts, Ten Reasons Why Your House is a Mess, was written with this advice. It continues to get page views every day, though I wrote it last May.

ViperChill - I've gotten great advice from ViperChill, but the next article that I'm going to read is How to Really Build Backlinks and Dominate Google. I know this is an area that I need to understand. I continue to get hits from some great links that I have out there on the web, but I need to figure out how to utilize this strategy effectively. Not only will it bring page views, but I believe it will also increase Google page rank.

Problogger - I've read Problogger most for tips on monetizing my blog, but I'm going to dig into the blog writing tips a bit more. Next up on my reading list is The Better Blogging Formula: Think, Do, Write.

WritetoDone - This is inspiring advice for any writer. If you're ever down in the dumps about your blog writing, 10 Tips for Writing Excellence from Top Writing Bloggers is what you need to read for a writing pick-me-up.

The truth is, blogging is a skill that anyone can learn. I am certainly not an expert, but I have found people who are that are helping me improve my blog and meet my goals. One of my reasons for writing this post was to say thank you to the above blogs for helping me learn and grow as a blogger. My other reason was to share some of the best blogging advice I've gotten. Happy blogging!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Neelam! Glad you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks!