Monday, April 25, 2011

Mr. Golden Sun Please Shine Down on Me

Does a sunny day put a spring in your step?

Do you find yourself being more productive when the sun is streaming in the windows? I know I do!

Photo courtesy of Irish Eyes at Morguefile.
We've had several gray, rainy days in row. It's not actually raining today, but it's still overcast. I really need to see some sunshine!

Most of us know that the weather affects our mood, for better or worse. But, did you know that the weather can affect how much you tip in a restaurant? According to a May 1996 article called Sunny Days and Tips for Waiters in Psychology Today, tips increase from 19% to 24% when the waiter mentioned favorable weather! I wish I knew that when I was waiting tables as a college student.

If weather can affect how much patrons tip, I'm betting that it affects how productive we are at work and at home. What do you think? Do you get more done when it's sunny? Or, is your productivity about the same no matter what the weather?

7 comments:

  1. In India, we are experiencing extreme summer right now! But yes, sunshine is very important so that you can smile as the warm rays make your eyes sparkle! I hope there's a beam of hope over there!
    Nivedha
    PS: Please follow my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are finally having great weather here! I am now following you :) Please stop by Areyouamom.com and say hi...
    Have a great day!
    Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Nivedha! The sun is shining this afternoon, finally!

    Maureen - We are, too! Thanks for commenting! I will check out your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Maureen: Thanks!
    @Barb: Good for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree! When it's raining, all I want to do is lay in bed and sleep!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thankfully it is gorgeous here today!!! It is crazy how the weather has such a major impact on our day to day lives....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Without any doubts I can say that after few rainy days in a row I feel awful :) So with my two hands I can confirm that I am from those people who are affected by the weather. Great post you made.

    Greetings rent holiday apartment london

    ReplyDelete

Thanks!