Friday, June 3, 2011

Facing the Gritty Truth: William Deresiewicz's Journey to Love

A Jane Austen Education is as much a record of William Deresiewicz's journey through self improvement as it is an in-depth analysis of Jane Austen’s novels. That he was able to tie his personal growth to some of my favorite literary characters made it an engaging read. As a bonus, he opened my eyes to aspects of the novels, the heroines and to Jane Austen herself that I never would have seen otherwise.


I was fortunate to participate in another BlogHer book review. This time, I read a non-fiction book about William Deresiewicz's struggle to grow up, using Jane Austen books as his self-help guides. If you're a fan of Jane Austen, this book definitely hits it out of the park! Read the rest of the review at the BlogHer book club.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks!