Monday, August 8, 2011

Laundry, Dishes, Food, Laundry, Dishes, Food

Laundry, Dishes, Food, Laundry, Dishes, Food...

*#@!*!!!!

I think I need to drive around in the van by myself, turn the radio up loud enough to vibrate the windows and scream.

Remember playing records on a stereo? If one got a scratch on it, it'd get stuck and repeat the same line over and over and over again. That's my life right now.

We've been busy. We went camping, the boys had swim lessons every day for two weeks, my oldest went to Boy Scout camp, my middle son went to Cub Scout camp, we've been to the movies four times, celebrated a birthday (my husbands) and our anniversary (15 years) and have a few other fun things planned. The rub is, none of those things make the household stuff go away. If only they could!

It's boring. And, I'm sick of it.

I know I'll get over it. I always do when I get in these funks. They come and go.

That's why you haven't heard too much from me lately. I'm drowning my sorrows by watching Mad Men on Netflix and thinking heavy smoking and drinking looks kind of fun. I do neither, by the way. Except for the occasional glass of wine, my strongest vices are coffee and snickerdoodles. 

I probably just need to drink more water and get more exercise. I haven't been doing enough of either since school ended. I'm sure I'd feel better in a jiffy if I did those two things.

I'm getting a glass of water now.  Thanks for being my sounding board. See how therapeutic writing is?

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for being so real, Barb. At times I find your perfection admirable, but hard to emulate. Glad to know you are like the rest of us--ever struggling! But your priorities are great--family! Kick up your heels and celebrate with that music! You are blest indeed! It will never matter how clean your house is if your family is neglected and it sounds like they aren't.

    Remember what Ecclesiastes 3 says--for everything there is a season. There is a season to gather and a season to throw away. This is summer--maybe not a productive cleaning/decluttering season for anyone. Hot! Vacations! BUT FAMILY FUN!

    By the way, congratulations of 15 years! Did you get your tent fixed in some sort of fashion?

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your tips. I'm looking for a cleaning company to clean my house, I found a company called cleanup ( www.cleanupus.com ), can you post tips on what to look for when choosing a cleaning company ?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks!