Thursday, August 25, 2011

What is Irene Going to Do?

It looks like New York is now in Hurricane Irene's strike zone. I'm not too worried. We are far enough inland that I don't think we're in danger. I'm quite sure we'll have heavy rains. I don't think there's any way to escape that at this point, unless Irene fizzles out soon, which isn't likely since she keeps kicking up the intensity.

However, with our local weather report predicting heavy rain and possible high winds that could spawn tornadoes, I'm wondering if I should hit the grocery store tomorrow for some bread. That's a bit tongue in cheek. When my husband and I lived in NC, we always marveled at how the bread shelves would be emptied whenever inclement weather was predicted.

Still, it probably wouldn't hurt for me to at least get a few things for the weekend. 

If you're on the east coast, how are you preparing for Irene?

Hope you all stay dry and safe over the next several days!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks!