Friday, October 28, 2011

Closing in On Finishing the Bathroom Re-do

Today, I pulled the tape off the bathroom walls. I love the lavender color, February Frost, that I picked. Here's what it looks like.

Notice the lavender strip of tile. It runs all the way around the bathroom and matches the bathtub. As if that wasn't enough, you can just see the top of the lavender towel bar. Instead of being embarrassed by how dated it looks, I've decided to embrace it and make the room purple. I have a serious confidence problem when it comes to decorating, but I jumped in with both feet and went for it. I'm so glad I did!

I went "shopping" in my house for accessories to add to the bathroom. The "Bath" sign is one thing I found. I also found a few other green things that are now on display above the medicine cabinet.
I bought new, gold switch plates for the light switch and outlet. Between the fresh paint job, the accessories that look better in their new home and the new switch plates, the bathroom now looks clean and crisp. I love it!

I'm waiting for the shower and window curtain pattern to arrive from eBay. Then, it's off to the fabric store to buy material to complete the bathroom re-do project. I have no idea what I'm going to pick, but I want something that's kind of modern looking, maybe like this. My plan is to have the top two feet or so of the shower curtain be green, with a print of some sort on the bottom portion. If you find a print you think would look good, spam me with your links!

The end is in sight!

5 comments:

  1. Cool! I love the color! And the green stuff! And the bath sign! Good luck with the fabric :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, the lavender colour is really nice, I like how the top of the tiles also blends in really nice

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey we do commercial cleaning out of Arizona and just wanted to let you know that your blog is supremely excellent and has great article. Everyday people definitely need this information and we appreciate you taking the time to write it for them, keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Working with what you have and making it your own can turn outdated into stylish. Love the look. I probably would have gone deep purple (only cause it is my favorite color) but it looks good and purple/green is a good color scheme. Can't wait to see the finished projects.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone! Tree- I considered a deep purple, but was afraid I'd make the room too dark. I like light and bright - lol!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks!