Monday, October 17, 2011

Feeling Frumpy & Dumpy

Sometimes I miss the days of working in an office and dressing the part. I used to wear skirts. And, sometimes cute little jackets. And jewelry.

When I first became a stay-at-home mom, I swore I wouldn't wear sweatpants and t-shirts every day. I don't. But, I definitely have a frumpy mom uniform. In the summer it's shorts and a t-shirt. In the winter, it's jeans and a sweater.

A glance in my closet today had me yawning. I'm sick of my clothes. Do you ever feel like that?

I've never been a fashionista, but I wish I was a bit more stylish. I feel like this:
Photo from the Needlecraft NZ website.
When I want to dress like this:


I think it's time for some closet decluttering and a shopping trip to Target.

1 comment:

  1. I think it's the change of seasons. I've been feeling the same way lately. And disappointed to discover how worn my cold weather clothes are as I've started to pull them out of the closet.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks!