Monday, November 7, 2011

Decluttering 101: When Was the Last Time You Cleaned Out Your Purse?

I clean my purse fairly often. It's not big. I don't have room to spare for extra junk. That said, I tend to cram as much as I can in it. And, I've lost things in it before.

I'm really just back into using a real purse. For years, the diaper bag was my purse. That was a consistent mess. I'm thrilled to be able to carry a bag that isn't big enough for the kitchen sink.

Now that I no longer have to bring diapers, a change of clothes, baby wipes and ointment with me where ever I go, my purse feels quite tidy. I still tend to put a small water bottle, an apple or other small snack and some Matchbox cars in there just in case of a long wait somewhere. When you've got a three year old with you, you need to be prepared.

I'm always curious what others keep in their purses. Mine tends to run pretty lean and mean when I don't have extra kid stuff to haul around. Here's what's in mine:

Wallet
Checkbook
Mini calendar
3 Chamomile tea bags
Burt's Bees lip balm (which I bought before I made my own lip balm)
Sting-Eze insect bite relief (left over from our horrid mosquito blight after the tropical storms of late summer)
$6.00 in one-dollar bills
Band-aides
An orange plastic spider ring
6 pens
Lip gloss
Emory board
Hand lotion
A band-aide wrapper
A check for my dentist (I have an appointment next week and thought I'd take it in rather than mail it.)
4 safety pins
2 hair elastics
A maxi-pad (just in case)
A small pad of paper
$1.55 in change (25 cents in pennies)

My purse isn't too messy right now. I could stand to declutter some of the change and a few of the pens, but all in all, it's got what I need in it. When I go out, I usually stick my cell phone in there, too. If I remember, that is.

What's in your purse?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks!