Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Which Household Chores Do You Let Slide?

This morning, I woke up to a sink full of dishes. I did yesterday, too.

I let the dishes slide regularly. I prefer to get them all done at night before bed, but it doesn't always happen.

Honestly, on those nights when I have an outside activity to rush off to right after dinner, I'm not likely to get the dishes done. Last night, my oldest son and I had to go to his school for a meeting about joining the modified wrestling team.

We weren't out late. It was a pretty quick meeting.

Yet, when we got home at around 7:45, it was time to get the two younger boys ready for bed and my dishwashing window had closed for the night. Once we start bedtime, I get drowsy and don't get any housework done.

Since I stay at home with my youngest son, I've got the luxury of catching up on missed chores the next morning. The dishes aren't going anywhere, so I've given up stressing myself out about them. Though that doesn't stop me from cringing when I walk out into a messy kitchen in the morning.

So, what do you let slide? Laundry? Dishes? Dinner prep?

6 comments:

  1. I let slide cleaning my room. EVERYDAY.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Barb,

    Thanks for being real here.

    I did those dishes last night, but my pile-up of mail is horrible. I always scan for bills and pay them, but then sometimes ones gets in the mail pile. Going to get to this now with your prompting. Will get back to you on my progress.

    Hugs,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dinner dishes! If they're not done right away dinner- I find them still there in the morning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nivedha - Ha ha!

    Carol - How'd it go?

    Willow - I hear you! Mine are in my sink again this morning! We had two scout meetings last night. Busy night!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't have this habit yet. Mail still there while I am working on a computer writing project! Maybe Saturday I will get to the mail, but I have been saying this for ages!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Definitely kitchen dishes...especially dirty pots from cooking dinner. I too like a clean kitchen before going to bed...just wish i would make that happen :) I just discovered your blog today...i'll be back!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks!