Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Are You Watching Downton Abbey?

If I didn't know better, I'd swear the creators of Downton Abbey had peered directly into my mind and picked all the elements of a story I like best. The dresses, drama, history, dresses, love triangles, class issues, and the dresses, all add up to to one fantastic show. Did I mention the dresses? I LOVE the dresses.

Lady Sybil, Lady Mary & Lady Edith of Downton Abbey
If you haven't seen it, you may want to view season one on Netflix and catch up on the first three episodes of season 2 directly on the PBS website. The rest of season two is airing on PBS on Sunday nights at 9:00 P.M. through February 19th.

I love my historical fiction, whether in a novel or TV show.

If you're watching it, which couple are you rooting for the most? Bates and Anna? Lady Sybil and Benson? Lady Mary and Matthew? Daisy and William?

Which character is your favorite? Which one do you love to hate? 

6 comments:

  1. Saw your post title on CrazyClutterLady's blogroll. Omg...I absolutely love Downton Abbey! I am rooting for Mary and Matthew. I think Thomas is the most unlikeable. Everything is perfection! I love all those types of British Romantic dramas. And I agree the dresses are gorgeous. Looking forward to the next episode this Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I'm so glad you commented. I knew there had to be another Downton Abbey follower in the blogging world. I kind of like Thomas, but only because he's so unlikable. He's perfect at stirring the pot. Mrs. Bates, though, I find has no redeeming qualities. Can't wait until she's out of the picture and Bates & Anna can get married!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I forgot about Mrs. Bates! She is the worst. I agree about Thomas although unlikeable I don't hate his character...he showed his "good" side when trying to help the soldier in the hospital. I do hope Matthew's mother returns because although she is a bit pushy she gives Violet a run for her money. Yes...a Bates/Anna wedding would be wonderful to see!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Violet and Isobel have some great scenes together. Violet is one of my favorites. Can't wait for Sunday night!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What'd you think of last night's show?

    I'm glad Mrs. Bates finally got a bit of what she deserves. But, I think I missed something. Is she giving Bates a divorce? And what about Matthew and William!? So sad.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad Mrs. Bates got put in her place but I think it may have just riled her up even more! So sad about William passing but loved how Daisy did the right thing. She growing up. I wonder how Matthew's injury will affect his and Mary's "relationship".

    ReplyDelete

Thanks!