Friday, February 10, 2012

Calling All Psychics: Help Me Find My i-Pod

I lost my i-Pod about two weeks ago. I've spent a year filling it with the music I like best of all and had plans to add more. Next up was going to be David Bowie's Changes album. Those tunes never get old.

Alas, I've misplaced this modern little invention which has the potential to hold more songs than all the CDs, tapes and vinyls I've ever collected put together. Thankfully, with the exception of many of the CDs, I don't still own most those things. They'd take up too much space.

In all fairness, I didn't have many vinyls because I was in junior high when tapes started to reign supreme. Mostly I just had the Saturday Night Fever soundtrack and Bonnie Tyler's album with Total Eclipse of the Heart before we switched to tapes. My sister had the soundtrack to Grease, which we wore out. And, somehow, we got our on hands on a Kiss Love Gun album. I don't know if it was mine or hers, though. Probably hers.

Even if I count my mom's collection of vinyls, the i-Pod still holds more. She had things like Cher's Gypsies, Tramps & Thieves, Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, Herb Alpert & The Tijuana Brass and a slew of others. We listened to a lot of music from a lot of different genres growing up around a record player.  

You couldn't misplace one of those.

I put my i-Pod somewhere, away from little hands, so I'd be sure to find it. And, I can't.

A couple of years ago, my oldest son lost his DS. We searched everywhere. Before we knew it, a couple of months had flown by. We were sure it was gone for good.

Back then, I participated in a message board affiliated with Mothering Magazine. As I was surfing the boards one night, someone posted a thread saying she was a psychic and would answer all questions to the best of her ability. So, just for fun, I asked her where the DS was.

She replied she wasn't sure, but felt like it was surrounded by laundry. The next day, we found it in his dresser drawer.

I was a believer after that.

Do you see my i-Pod in the crystal ball?
Photo courtesy of nesquivel at Morguefile.
Now I'm thinking I need a psychic to try to get a read on my i-Pod.

Heck, if you're feeling a little psychic for the first time today, maybe you could test your powers. That might work. Or, maybe your power is simply being good at finding things. I'll take all the help I can get.

If you've got any ideas or visions, please leave a comment with tips about where I should look. It feels like I've looked everywhere, but there must be a stone or two I've left unturned.

I hope it turns up. As much fun as it would be to have my family's old vinyl collection, I don't have room for a record player these days.

3 comments:

  1. It's in your kitchen, by the playdough.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Barb!
    Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club is so amazing! so is KISS!
    Okay, to business. I'm not a psychic or anything, but whenever I lose something little, it ends up in the cracks in the sofas. Or under the bed mattresses.

    And: I don't have an iPod and I think it's a shame.

    I hope you find it soon!

    Give peace a chance!
    Nivedha

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll check all those places! I'll post when I find it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks!