Monday, April 9, 2012

Organizing Tip of the Week: Label Your Chargers

This is such a simple organizing tip, yet it's one of the best I've found on Pinterest. It's the kind of thing that makes you wonder why you didn't think of it.

The funny part is my husband was just as excited about labeling all of our chargers as I was. Except, he had a much different method in mind. He quickly made a label for our video camera charger that said "Sony DCR-SX85".
 
Don't worry. I had the same thought. "What the heck does that mean?"   
 
I had to explain the whole idea is to label them with something easily identifiable. Seriously. If all of our chargers were labeled with their brand and serial number, I still wouldn't know which charger went to which electronic gadget. I need simple. My husband the computer tech thinks serial numbers are simple.
 
We made a compromise on most gadgets with things like "Sony Video Camera DCR-SX85". On my stuff, I went with the ultra-simple, like "Barb's Phone". Doesn't that make sense?

2 comments:

  1. Good idea on labeling of the chargers. For unwanted ones they should be recycled at electronic depot recyclers. Your readers might also want to try curbsidegoodies.com site for giving away unwanted electronic goodies :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks!