Thursday, May 10, 2012

Cat Odors & Other Smells We Don't Like to Talk About

Our cat, Petey, has a bad habit.

Petey - Guilty of Bad Bathroom Habits
He prefers to poop on the floor of our basement rather than in the litter box, which is just about three feet away from his chosen spot. It's embarrassing to admit, but it happens.

The covered litter box is stinky enough on its own. We manage it by keeping it out of the way in the utility room and changing the litter frequently. Because we take such good care of the litter box, we've had a pretty high level of frustration over Petey's bathroom habits.

When Clean + Green contacted me to see if I'd write a blog post featuring their products, I jumped at the chance. I wanted to try their Litter Box Odor Eliminator and Cleaner.

Clean + Green Products

We've always done our best to clean up Petey's messes, wash and sanitize the area, but the odor can linger. If you've got cats, you know how bad that can be. I refused to try a standard chemical cleaner because I don't like the thought of risking my family's long-term health with the use of toxic cleaners.

Clean + Green's offer seemed ideal. Their e-mail said, "Clean+Green natural pet stain and odor removers are safe for people, pets and the planet! Using a patented formula, Clean+Green encapsulates and eliminates stain and odor on contact - even skunk odor! - by naturally biodegrading the stain or odor source. The all-natural formula delivers instant results in a safe, non-toxic, eco-friendly solution. Ingredients include cane sugar derivatives, a proprietary blend of botanical extracts, hydrated cellulose, purified water, and a natural aerosol propellant (nitrogen). " How could I not try it? 


We've really put the product to the test in the past couple of weeks. I'm pretty impressed with it. As soon as we clean Petey's mess up, we spray the area. The odor stops. I also spray the litter box, which Petey still uses to urinate and our other cat uses for everything. It's nice to walk into the utility room and not smell cat smells. 


The folks at Clean + Green also sent a sample of Carpet & Upholstery cleaner. With 3 boys, 2 cats and a dog, there are lots of deodorizing opportunities in our home. I've successfully put that to good use to remove the dog smells from our living room furniture. (Maggie is not supposed to be on the couch, but we all know how that goes when we're not home.)


Thanks again to Clean + Green for letting me try their products! 

For more information, please visit the Clean + Green website


Disclosure - I was compensated for this blog post in the form of free products from Clean + Green.

4 comments:

  1. Suddenly, I'm starting to think that's why our backyard stinks so much... stupid kittens.

    And, if you don't have a problem, I added your blog to a list of blogs I love (present on my blog). If you do have a problem, please tell me.

    Peace
    Nivedha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like these are great cleaners when it comes to messes. I have a cat who uses the litter box, but he still reaks. It makes my room stink for hours. I always clean the box the minute after he uses it. Are these products good for deodorizing, even if I don't need to clean anything out of the carpet or off the ground?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post. We're always looking for green and unique ways to reduce or eliminate pet odors for our carpet cleaning customers. Can you tell me if the odor have returned or are they gone for good?

    Thanks!

    Brandon Branco
    EverClean Carpet Cleaning Nashville TN
    515 Anderson Lane
    Nashville TN 37115
    615-810-8430
    615-Dry-Fast! (379-3278)
    http://www.evercleantn.com

    EverClean Carpet Cleaning provides steam carpet cleaning and pet urine odor removal to the Greater Nashville TN area.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No problem with that, Nivedha. Thank you!

    I'll let you know if the odors come back when my cat stops using the floor as his litter box!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks!