Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Organizing Tip of the Week: Cord Labels

Who hasn't looked at a surge protector full of cords from various electronics and spent the next twenty minutes trying to figure out which cord goes to which thing? For some of us, there may even be swearing involved.

Thanks to some Pinterest inspiration, the problem is now solved.

Reuse the bread fasteners you'd otherwise toss in the garbage to create mini-labels.

I need to collect a few more to finish up this row of cords, but already, I'm thinking this is brilliant!  I'll have to save my swearing for other things, like stubbed toes and cats waking me up at 3:00 in the morning.

4 comments:

  1. This is the best idea I've ever seen!

    From the person who always unplugs the alarm clock by accident.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great idea - an organized space is easy to clean and enjoy. Also, it's eco-smart to reuse those plastic labels. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel like I have these all over the place and always end up unplugging the wrong one! This is such a clever idea, wish I had thought of it earlier.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marianne - I feel your pain! I hate having to reset clocks that I've unplugged by accident.

    Thanks for the comments everyone!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks!