Saturday, May 19, 2012

Summer Vacation Time

I hope you all are having a lovely weekend enjoying beautiful weather! We're having blue skies, warm days and cool nights here. I'd say that's just about perfect!

I'm busy writing like a fiend for Holidays Central, one of the best sites to mine for holiday ideas. They touch on everything holiday related. You'll find lots of great craft ideas, recipes, vacation ideas and much more! I'm partial to them because, well, I write for them.

To get you in the summer vacation planning mood, I'm linking an article about the Adirondacks in Northern NY. This is one of my favorite places. It's a great place to vacation with kids or without. If you've never been, you should really consider it for your next vacation. In the Adirondacks, you get hiking, biking, camping, museums, resort towns, swimming, history, boating and much more! If NY State had a backyard, this would be it.

I'm taking a writing break to enjoy some of our beautiful weather. Hope you get to do the same!

5 comments:

  1. Hmm. A writing break. A break to write, or taking a break from writing. Hope you continue writing!
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha! A break from writing, but just a very short one because the sun is shining. Thanks, Carol. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My summer vacation will be a staycation as they call it now. I would love to do a trip to the Adirondack Mtns sometimes. Especially for the fall colors. My husband and I run a very busy little cleaning service company in California
    Carpet Cleaning mission viejo and find it next to impossible to find time away from the busy phone and all the work. 18 years on the business now. We do visit family in Delaware where they retired. My husband is from New Jersey. ( New Brunswick )
    I really like your blog and thanks for all the hard work you put into it.
    Juliette

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you can make it to the Adirondacks sometime! My husband and I are hoping to make it to CA in the next few years. It is really hard to get away, though! Thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Barb
    If you come out to California where do you plan to visit. It's a HUGE state. We are in So Cal as they call it. Orange County to be exact. Were 15 min from Disney land, 5 min from Laguna Beach and about 1-2 hrs from our local Mtns where we get snow in the winter. There about 7,000 to 9,000 ft lots to do here and in the Summer months the beaches locally are great! August is the best Summer month as we tend to get a lot of overact days May-July. We will be going back to Delaware in July to visit family again and take a long deserved break from our company Carpet Cleaning mission viejo. We are absolutely swamped now through Christmas.
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks!