Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Tip of the Week: Altoids Tin Mini Toy Box

I know I just posted a tip of the week yesterday, but I've got another I want to share.

Right now, I'm on a kick of turning Altoids tins into mini toy boxes for my four-year-old son. Here's a link to last week's mini Lego kit. That's been a big hit. But, if you know four-year-old kids, you know you can't be a one trick pony. You've got to have something different stashed in your purse to make those long waits bearable.

Preparation is everything in parenting. Without it, your fate is a bored, whining child. Not only that, but you share that fate with all the other adults in the vicinity.

To head off any problems, I put together a tin full of sticky frogs.

These little guys are leftovers from my oldest son's birthday party where they were overlooked for the lacrosse balls. They cost about $1.00 per package of four at Walmart.

We're on our way out the door right now to take my husband's 91-year-old grandmother to the bank and CVS. My little guy is going to need a couple of things to keep him busy while we wait. I'm thinking this will do the trick.

What do you stash in Altoids tins?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks!