Monday, June 25, 2012

Tip of the Week: Greasy Stain Remover

This is quite possibly the simplest laundry tip ever. It's common knowledge that Dawn dish washing liquid removes grease on clothing, as well as dishes. But, it's easy to forget when you're in the heat of the moment and watching a greasy hotdog fall onto your favorite shirt. No worries. Dawn will take care of that for you!
My cat, Petey, wanted to be in the Dawn photo, too.
Simply treat the stain right away with a squirt of full-strength Dawn. Rub it around a bit and launder as usual with your next load of laundry. It'll look like it never happened.

Dawn is a key ingredient in the homemade Oxi-Clean, which works on new and old stains.

3 comments:

  1. I only use Dawn. I've tried others and always come back to this one because of the way it cuts through grease. I never thought to use it as a stain-remover!

    Thanks for the tip,
    Charlsye

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's my go-to brand, too, Charlyse!

    You're welcome and thank you for commenting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never used this stain remover but it looks like commercial cleaners. I will surely look out for this.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks!