Thursday, June 28, 2012

An Update: Crockpot Freezer Meals

Since I wrote Freezer to Crockpot: Moms Making Meals Together, a group of us have gotten together twice more to make a stash of freezer meals. We've even had another neighbor join our group and added a couple of bottles of wine to our gathering. It's a fun night of chatting, food prep and wine drinking! We're all busy moms, so we really appreciate the ready-made meals. For that matter, our families do, too!   

Some of use have expanded a bit beyond crockpot meals, though these are still a favorite. The last time we met, I made Beef Shish Kebobs for Freezer Cooking.

I couldn't wait to try them, so I cooked them on the grill the next night.
Beef Shish Kebobs
Also on the menu this month:

Chicken Chili
Slow Cooker Apple Cherry Pork Loin
Honey-sweetened Pork Chops
Asian Beef

If you haven't prepared freezer meals yet, you really should. Whether you do it alone or in a group, it's absolutely worth it! 

If you've done it and would like to share a favorite recipe, please link it in the comments.

Thanks! 


3 comments:

  1. Wonderful ideas and I have a big freezer!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found excellent tips on storage/cleaning here
    http://chulavistastorage.com/tips.htm

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to get a big freezer, too! I cram everything in the little freezer that's part of the fridge.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks!