Wednesday, September 5, 2012

And So the School Year Begins: What are Your Goals?

I've always loved the start of the school year. The fresh notebooks, the sharpened pencils with unblemished erasers, the just-out-of-the-box sneakers squeaking on the polished gym floor - it all makes me excited for a new beginning!

I love routine and I love fresh starts. The school year brings both, even if you're not a student anymore.

I'm excited to carve out a new routine for my family. I've got a few personal goals that I'm going to fit in, too.

Last spring, I took a photography course at our local community college. This semester, I'm taking two writing classes. They're both continuing education classes, so they don't follow the traditional school calendar. The first one starts in October. I can't wait!

My littlest guy starts preschool this year. He's ready for it and so am I. It means I'll have about two hours to myself every Monday, Wednesday and Friday morning. I'll probably use it to run errands and go to the library, but I am seriously thinking about joining a gym. If I can work it into the budget, I'm going to go for it.

What are your goals for the new school year? 

4 comments:

  1. I've always wanted to be a better photographer - you may have inspired me! I gave up on the gym. Too sweaty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marianne - I recommend a photography class to anyone that will listen! I really want to take another. The class I took was geared towards learning about digital cameras and all the settings, with a little photo composition stuff. I'd love a class that just focused on photo composition.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Had a hard time answering this one and so this is the second day I have come to this post.

    My goal is to have checklists like Barb does when I grow up. LOL! I am 68 and should start very soon those check lists and check them off!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My two goals for the new school year are to exercise and write!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks!