Thursday, January 31, 2013

Here I Go Again

I'm always so grateful to participate in a BlogHer book review, especially when the book is fun and entertaining. Here I Go Again by Jen Lancaster is that and more.

I had no idea what to expect when I read the first chapter. Honestly, the main character, Lissy, was unlikable. She was an anti-hero if there ever was one. I couldn't relate to her on any level, except maybe her high school musical tastes.

As the book went on, I found myself rooting for her. She was just a girl trying to make her way in the world, like all of us. Lissy grew and changed for the better. By the end, I wanted all her dreams to come true.

The best part -  Here I Go Again was downright funny. It's the rare book that truly makes me laugh. I'm not sure what my family thought I was doing as I sat there giggling, but I got a few strange looks from my boys. The thing is, they wouldn't be able to understand the humor if they tried. The author writes for her target audience perfectly, and, it seems, as an early 40-something member of Gen X, I fall squarely in range. 

Thanks to BlogHer for sending this book my way! I really needed the laughs! 

For more discussion about Here I Go Again, visit the BlogHer book club.

This is a paid review for BlogHer Book Club but the opinions expressed are my own.


8 comments:

  1. You certainly are having fun with BlogHer Book Club. Maybe some day I will join. There's lots of other reading I must do for my counseling dissertation now.

    So glad to see you blogging again.

    Hugs,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carol - Reading for your dissertation is so much more important! Good for you!

      Delete
  2. Ηi, i rеad уоuг blog frоm tіme tο tіme аnd i own a similar one and i was just ωondeгing іf you get a lot of
    sρаm feedbaсκ? ӏf ѕo how
    dο you rеԁuce it, anу plugіn οr аnything you can recоmmend?
    I get sо much latеlу it's driving me insane so any assistance is very much appreciated.

    My page mold remediation austin
    Here is my site - mold is toxic

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love anything that makes me laugh. It sounds like a good read.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent pіeces. Keep postіng such kind of information on
    your blog. Im reallу impressed by it.
    Heу theгe, You've performed an incredible job. I'll certainly digg
    it and individuallу suggest to mу friends.
    I'm sure they'll be benеfited from thіs web site.


    Here is mу page ... http://www.localwaterdamagepros.com/illinois/water-damage-restoration-in-moline-il/
    My weblog water damage restoration Blacksburg VA

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been reading the same book for 5 months it seems. I really need to set aside more time for reading. I miss it dearly. I'll add this one to my fantasy reading list on Goodreads.


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heather - I've been stuck in reading ruts like that before. It stinks! You'll have time again before you know it!

      Delete

Thanks!