Friday, March 1, 2013

A Week of Stress

First, an update. The job interview went well. I felt like the interviewer and I clicked. It was  comfortable chatting with her. She said she thought I'd be a good fit in their office and would get a call back for the second round of interviews. So, my fingers are crossed. Of course, I'm sending out another resume today. I don't like to count my chickens before they're hatched.

That brings me to the rest of the week. It's been incredibly stressful for various reasons. Not only that, but it's been a busy one, which means I haven't had time to do the things I normally do to help me de-stress, like run or go for a long walk. 

I was all set to run on Wednesday, but the kids ended up having a two-hour delay due to a lovely freezing rain/snow mix we got overnight. A two-hour delay meant I couldn't take my little guy to preschool. That and the ice meant I couldn't run. So, that was that.

By yesterday, I was jumping out of my skin to try to get some exercise and I still had no time to run. I can't take my five-year-old out in the jogging stroller because the weather is too rotten and I don't like to run like that anyway. I seem to have a lot of excuses! 

To top it all off, when I'm stressed, I can't eat. I really can't. I try, but it gets hard to choke down food, no matter what it is. I can't even drown my sorrows in wine, which I suppose is a good thing. I like to have a glass of wine to relax, when I'm happy, but I can't fathom drinking any when I'm stressed. It doesn't appeal to me. I can barely choke down water. I suppose I'm thankful I'm not the kind of person who gobbles down gallons of ice cream in times of stress.

So, by Wednesday, I had a heck of a stomachache. I had to force some food down. It helped. I've been trying to eat regular meals since then and it's helped quite a bit.

Today, I finally got to go running for the first time all week!  It felt great. It was a short run, but it did so much good. I felt strong and was able to put some things in perspective. I can't wait to go again tomorrow! 

So, how do you deal with stress? Exercise? Ice Cream? Sleep? Hard liquor? Denial?

19 comments:

  1. Prayer. Reading. I have been reading about Alzheimer's which my husband has and finishing a counseling paper on the self-discipline of a caregiver. I am very encouraged that I can bump-up my caregiving.

    Eating has been a poor way for me to deal with stress and having lost weight through Weight Watchers I want to continue to take off some more weight in 2013. Often I do not write down my points and take this opportunity as seriouosly as I might, but at least I am not packing back on the pounds and am fitting into clothes again.

    I am not good at walking lately as my walking buddy hasn't come through.

    Seeing a better home and yard helps with my stress. Getting little things done. You taught me about lists, Barb, which discipline I finally are using.

    We are going to a concert tonight. It may be cold, but we are wearing our cowboy hats and I am brining an extra blanket.

    Hugs and prayers,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Carol. It's hard to get through stress, isn't it? I'm glad I've turned you into a list maker - lol! Enjoy your concert!

      Delete
  2. I do journal writing and listening to music to cope with stress. I used to be a smoker and binge eater, but hope I have got those ways I coped with stress behind me. Also, many years ago was a drinker of way too many glasses of wine and it was a hindrance to me and just made stress worse. Thanks for sharing about your week and hope your 2nd interview goes well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Laura. I journal and listen to music, too. Right now, I seem to be gravitating towards a bunch of country songs on YouTube. Not my usual genre, but it's clicking with me today. :)

      Delete
  3. Hi there, I found your blog via Google while searching for first aid for a heart attack
    and your post looks very interesting for me.

    Feel free to surf to my blog post: http://tplace.eu/
    Also see my web page - website

    ReplyDelete
  4. Attractive section of content. I just stumbled upon your weblog and in accession
    capital to assert that I get actually enjoyed account
    your blog posts. Any way I will be subscribing to your augment and even I achievement you
    access consistently rapidly.

    My web page :: golf tips slice

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm gone to inform my little brother, that he should also go to see this blog on regular basis to obtain updated from most recent news.

    my homepage ... personal loans

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hеllo, Neat poѕt. Thеre is an issuе wіth уοuг website іn inteгnet explorеr,
    may test this? IE nonetheless is thе market leader anԁ а gоod element of
    peоplе will miss yоuг wonderful ωriting ԁuе to this pгoblem.
    simply click the next internet site
    my website: simply click the next internet site

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Dear, are you truly visiting this website daily, if so after that
    you will definitely get good knowledge.

    My web-site ... http://yourphoto.site40.net/index.php?do=/blog/11501/all-about-mobile-coupons

    ReplyDelete
  8. There are many ways to deal with stress. Cleaning - is the best one for me! I enjoy cleaning and even when I'm not at work, I'm a professional cleaner, I strive to make every item in my home sparkle. The process of cleaning makes me happy as well as helps me tackle with the stressful situations. If you need your home perfectly cleaned just give me a notice. This is my websitewebsite! Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh gosh - sorry for the added stress & not feeling well. Sounds like your interview went well, though! Totally not surprised. Keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have read so many articles or reviews about the blogger lovers but this article is in fact a good article,
    keep it up.

    Feel free to surf to my homepage: muscle building pills

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello mates, nice paragraph and fastidiοus urging commеnted here, I am truly enjoying
    by these. just click the next post
    my website - just click the next post

    ReplyDelete
  12. Bake аt 350 fοr 25 minutеs or untіl toοthρick inѕerted in сentег comеs out сlean.
    I can't exactly remember why--maybe it was peer pressure from our health-driven community, who knows. Most bread machines come with a recipe book included.

    Feel free to surf to my web blog - pizza pan applications

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for sharing your thoughts on Bookmarking Backlinks.
    Regards

    Also visit my weblog - SEO Friendly Back Links
    Also see my website > SEO Packages

    ReplyDelete
  14. An impressive sharе! I have juѕt foгwardеd this onto а friend ωho haѕ
    beеn dοing a littlе гesеarch οn thiѕ.
    And he in fact orderеd me brеakfaѕt duе to the faсt that I discoveгed it
    foг him... lοl. Ѕo lеt me reword this.

    ... Thankѕ for thе meal!! But yeah, thanx for ѕpеnԁing
    the time to discuѕs this subject here оn yοur ωeb site.
    just click the up coming site

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hеllo are uѕing Wοгdрrеss for youг blοg рlаtfοгm?
    I'm new to the blog world but I'm trying to get stаrtеԁ and crеate my oωn.
    Dο you гequire anу coԁіng knoωlеdgе to make yоur own blog?
    Anу hеlp would be гeally aρpгeciatеd!
    1

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ηello to еveгy one, it's in fact a pleasant for me to go to see this web site, it contains priceless Information. similar resource site

    ReplyDelete
  17. thanks for posting this blog. its really very helpful for us. House Cleaning

    ReplyDelete

Thanks!